Riding one wave can change your life forever. Gripping your mind it becomes addictive; it is the ultimate distraction from everyday life.
Surf’s Up! is recognised as the number one surf training centre in the U.K. And how good is our coaching? Well just ask one of the many surfers we have taught to surf over the last 25 years, all of whom have left our sessions with a smile, and most have taken their technique to the next level and are still totally hooked on riding the waves. The quality of our coaching is why top local surfers choose to be coached here. This is also why our surf club for the local kids, the Surf’s Up Boardriders, has five junior surfers who will compete as part of the British team in 2009.
This year Wailin will be running the beach again and he has put together the strongest team of surf coaches ever assembled on the beach. This really is the Surf’s Up “Dream Team” and their experience and enthusiasm will be unrivalled throughout the U.K. and possibly the world! Their commitment to their chosen sport is all consuming and totally infectious. Throughout the season you’ll be able to absorb some of this passion and you’ll notice a lot of familiar faces returning to Coach at surf’s Up this year.
All of our instructors, in addition to being Surfing England/ISA qualified and trained beach lifeguards, are committed to constantly improving their own surfing.
Now don’t panic if you are not quite at high level improver level yet! All of the coaching a Surf’s Up is seriously cutting edge. The lessons are entertaining in their own right and packed with activities to get you ripping in the shortest possible time. You might find yourself catching tennis balls with while you surf with Josh, or perfecting the perfect iron cross manoeuvre with Wailin! What ever form the coaching takes it’s going to be a whole lot of fun! And we’ll be right there with you giving tips, encouraging you and loving every minute of it. In every one of our instructors you’ll notice a real desire to help you achieve above and beyond that of which you think your capable of!
So whatever you’re level of surfing you’re at, from beginner to advanced, Surf’s Up has the perfect coaching session for you!
WE WILL ALWAYS OPERATE IN LINE WITH THE CURRENT GUIDANCE FOR SURFING
– Read more info on the guidelines for surfing from Surfing England here >>
– Read more on the governments guidance for organised sport here >>
Worried? With Surf’s Up! there’s no need to be and here’s why…
We’ve completed an unprecedented Covid-19 surf coaching trial here on Polzeath Beach in which we’ve left no stone unturned!
Three days. One hundred and fifty surfing volunteers (many of whom were NHS consultants, doctors and nurses). Ten instructors.
We have taken this very seriously and invested a lot of time and resources into ensuring the safety of you and our staff with regards to Covid-19. Keeping you all safe is where it begins and ends and you’ll see this is reflected in our new operating procedures.
So what did we learn?
– That salt water is the safest environment to be working in.
– By implementing our new operating procedures we can operate with social distancing in place.
– That we can be safer by offering more flexible, staggered lesson times!
– That washing rashies and wetsuits in water and disinfectant for 20 secs gives an instant turn around.
So what are we doing?
– To avoid over crowding at check-in lesson start times are being staggered
– We have a one-way system in operation on the decking
– For any children 8 and under we are asking that a parent is on-hand at the waters edge to assist if need be – due to social distancing rules, our instructors can no longer be as hands-on as they have in previous years.
– We always recommend booking a session avoiding the high tide (we can advise you of tide times when you call). Polzeath beach bottlenecks at high tide, so there is much less space to spread out, so in this new world of social distancing, the low tide is more important than ever!
– Wetsuits and rash vests are disinfected after each use and surfboards at the end of each day.
– Our instructor/surfer ratio for group lessons will always be run in line with the current guidance from our governing body Surfing England (normal/max 1:8).
We are a COVID-SECURE venue.
Hope that answers any questions you may have – 07760 126225 to book or for additional help.